- 1 How much sugar is in a can of Coke experiment?
- 2 How do you measure how much sugar is in a drink?
- 3 Which fruit contains the most sugar experiment?
- 4 What are good ideas for science fair projects?
- 5 What percentage of Coke is sugar?
- 6 Can you extract sugar from soda?
- 7 How can you tell if something has sugar in it?
- 8 Does sugar affect density?
- 9 Can hydrometer measure sugar content?
- 10 What fruit has the lowest amount of sugar?
- 11 Which fruit is the healthiest?
- 12 Which fruit is less in sugar?
- 13 How do you pick a science fair project?
- 14 How do you make hot ice?
- 15 Can water float on water?
How much sugar is in a can of Coke experiment?
About 18 packets of sugar in one can of regular Coke. The reason the regular Coke sinks is the sugar content. If you drank one can of soda every day for a year, you would consume 32 pounds of sugar!
How do you measure how much sugar is in a drink?
Explain that there are 4.2 grams of sugar in 1 teaspoon and that to calculate how many teaspoons of sugar are in each drink they can: Divide the sugar in grams by 4.2 – eg. A soft drink that has 64g of sugar = 15.2 teaspoons of sugar (teacher can write this formula up on the board).
Which fruit contains the most sugar experiment?
Figs are the most sugar-dense fruit we found, with approximately 8 grams of sugar in just one medium-sized fig. A serving of figs usually amounts to four of the wrinkly fruits — meaning that you’d be consuming 32 grams of sugar total in your serving.
What are good ideas for science fair projects?
Science Fair Ideas
- Does music affect on animal behavior?
- Does the color of food or drinks affect whether or not we like them?
- Where are the most germs in your school? (CLICK for more info.)
- Does music have an affect on plant growth?
- Which kind of food do dogs (or any animal) prefer best?
What percentage of Coke is sugar?
Coca-Cola Classic contains 10.6g of sugar per 100ml. Our consumers can also enjoy Coca-Cola Zero and Diet Coke which contain no sugar, and Coca-Cola with Stevia which has 50 per cent less sugar than Coca-Cola Classic.
Can you extract sugar from soda?
Theoretically, yes, but it would take a fair amount of time and energy for each can, or a very large filter. A one micron filter needs a fair amount of vacuum to filter solids out of water. To remove sugar molecules, you’re starting to get into the realm of reverse osmosis instead of nanofiltration.
How can you tell if something has sugar in it?
We can use a special reagent called Benedict’s solution to test for simple carbohydrates like glucose. Benedict’s solution is blue but, if simple carbohydrates are present, it will change colour – green/yellow if the amount is low and red if it is high.
Does sugar affect density?
As you add sugar to the water, more and more sugar molecules take up the available space between water molecules, making the solution denser. The cup containing eight tablespoons of sugar will be the densest; the cup with two tablespoons of sugar will be the least dense.
Can hydrometer measure sugar content?
You use a hydrometer to measure how much sugar is occurring naturally in your juice. Then simply add the appropriate amount of sugar to get the alcohol content you want. You’ll find many tables online to help you decide how much sugar to add, and the likely resultant alcohol content of your final wine.
What fruit has the lowest amount of sugar?
Low-sugar fruits include:
- Strawberries. Strawberries, like many other berries, are often high in fiber and contain very little sugar.
- Peaches. Although they taste sweet, a medium sized peach only contains around 13 g of sugar.
- Lemons and limes.
- Honeydew melon.
Which fruit is the healthiest?
20 Healthy Fruits That Are Super Nutritious
- Apples. One of the most popular fruits, apples are chock-full of nutrition.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are well known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dragon fruit.
Which fruit is less in sugar?
1. Lemons (and limes) High in vitamin C, lemons and their lime green counterparts are fairly sour fruits. They don’t contain much sugar (only a gram or two per lemon or lime ) and are the perfect addition to a glass of water to help curb your appetite.
How do you pick a science fair project?
Science Fair Wizard
- Pick a topic. Find an area that interests you. Categorize your topic. Investigate your topic. Narrow your topic.
- Design an experiment.
- Write your research paper.
How do you make hot ice?
Fill larger glass bowl with ice and water add smaller glass filled with solution into ice water until chilled. 6. Once solution is chilled, take a pinch of crystallized sodium acetate and add to solution to create hot ice.
Can water float on water?
Because water is a liquid, it does not have a strong internal structure. Water will always form a flat surface unless it is acted on by another force, such as wind. Objects can sink, float, or stay suspended in water. Air takes up space in water and will float to the top.