- 1 What puts the pop in popcorn science fair project?
- 2 Which brand of popcorn pops the most kernels problem statement?
- 3 What makes popcorn pop the best?
- 4 What brand of popcorn pops the least kernels?
- 5 Can you pop popcorn over a candle?
- 6 What are good science fair projects?
- 7 How do you make popcorn kernels pop?
- 8 What is the hypothesis of popcorn?
- 9 Do different brands of popcorn pop differently?
- 10 What is inside popcorn that makes it pop?
- 11 At what temperature does popcorn pop?
- 12 What country eats the most popcorn?
- 13 Why does microwave popcorn leave unpopped kernels?
- 14 Why does some kernels not pop?
- 15 How many unpopped kernels of popcorn are left in the bag?
What puts the pop in popcorn science fair project?
Lesson Plan. Popcorn pops because each kernel has a tiny bit of water inside it. When the kernels are heated, the water inside heats up to the point where it exerts enough pressure to burst the kernel open. The soft material inside puffs up as it explodes.
Which brand of popcorn pops the most kernels problem statement?
Orville Redenbacher brand popped left 10 kernels un-popped, Pop Secret left 14 kernels un-popped, and Wal-Mart brand left 23 kernels un-popped. In conclusion, the popcorn brand that popped the most popcorn is Orville Redenbacher compared to Pop Secret and Wal-Mart brand.
What makes popcorn pop the best?
Corn pops best in dry heat produced by air or oil. This type of heat surrounds the kernel and heats it evenly and quickly. Heating the corn too slowly or at temperatures that are too low may not create enough pressure within the kernel for it to pop.
What brand of popcorn pops the least kernels?
Pop Secret had the least average of unpopped kernels with 27 kernels between both bags. Jolly Time was second with 44 kernels. Cousin Willies was third with an average of 59.5 kernels between 2 bags. Orville Redenbachers was fourth with an average of 91.5 kernels.
Can you pop popcorn over a candle?
put a small amount of oil in the tray and enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the tray. then hold the tray by the canes over the lit candles. it will take a while but the popcorn will eventually start popping. keep over the heat until the popping stops.
What are good science fair projects?
40 Clever Seventh Grade Science Fair Projects and Classroom Experiments
- Crush a can using air pressure.
- Construct a geodesic dome.
- Design a solar oven.
- Spherify your favorite beverage.
- Design a helping hand.
- Watch the greenhouse effect in action.
- Marvel at a density rainbow.
- Discover computer coding with LEGO bricks.
How do you make popcorn kernels pop?
So store popcorn in a tightly-sealed glass or plastic container in a cool area away from heat or sunlight. Don’t forget that any unpopped kernels can be reused. Just add a few drops of water to moisten them up, re-insert them into your popcorn maker … and happy popping!
What is the hypothesis of popcorn?
Which brand of popcorn has the most popped popcorn kernels? Our hypothesis is that Act II Brand of popcorn has the most popped popcorn and the least amount of popcorn kernels. First we are going to set up five different stations. Then we will label each station with each brand of popcorn.
Do different brands of popcorn pop differently?
The brand that cost the most per kernel does not pop the most popcorn. This shows that the price of the popcorn does not reflect the quality of the kernel.
What is inside popcorn that makes it pop?
As the kernel heats up, the water expands, building pressure against the hard starch surface. Eventually, this outer layer gives way, causing the popcorn to explode. As it explodes, the soft starch inside the popcorn becomes inflated and bursts, turning the kernel inside out.
At what temperature does popcorn pop?
Due to the hard and mostly nonporous shell, the steam has nowhere to go, resulting in a buildup of pressure inside the kernel. Once the pressure gets high enough and the temperature reaches about 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit), the kernel hull bursts and the popcorn is turned inside out.
What country eats the most popcorn?
1. The United States Remains at the Top of the List. First, it should come as no surprise that the United States is still one of the top countries in the world when it comes to overall popcorn consumption.
Why does microwave popcorn leave unpopped kernels?
As a kernel heats up in a microwave, pot, or air popper, water naturally found inside heats up, turns to gas, and expands. The pressure builds up inside the heated kernel until its shell bursts. These little explosions turn kernels inside out, leaving behind airy balls of fluff that somehow make movies more special.
Why does some kernels not pop?
Popcorn kernels will not pop if they contain too little or too much water moisture inside the kernel. The popcorn kernels which do pop have 14-15% moisture in the hull and anything less or more will cause the popcorn kernel to not explode. You can test the moisture of your popcorn by using your fingernail.
How many unpopped kernels of popcorn are left in the bag?
Normally its anywhere betwen 10 and 20 kernels left. Subject: RE: How many unpopped kernels left?